The healthy mid-week meal you must make! To be honest, I had a real craving for arancini risotto balls last week. So, as always I thought it’s cool – I’ll create a healthy version! They may be one of my best discoveries yet! Enjoy with a rocket salad with hummus and slithered almonds for extra crunch.
Healthy Cauliflower Arancini Balls
- 1 large cauliflower (or 2 cups ready made cauliflower rice)
- 1 cup almond meal (+ 1/4 cup for sprinkling)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil spray (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Cut cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until rice-like in texture (some grocery stores now sell pre-pulsed cauliflower rice!). Once it has reached a rice-like consistency, add it to a thin, clean tea towel or muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a mixing bowl combine; cauliflower rice, almond meal, 1 tbsp oil (olive or coconut), parsley, curry powder, parmesan (if using) and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Add whisked egg and mix well to combine.
- Cover a small plate with 1/4 cup of almond meal. Using your hands, take a small handful of mixture and roll into balls (should make about 5-6 balls).
- Spray olive oil or coconut oil spray over the top of the balls, or drizzle olive oil if not using spray.
- Place the balls on a lined baking tray and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden.